Sunday, March 19, 2017

Day 26: Good bye part 1



Thursday, February 9 2017
This morning we have schedule to meet the President of UDRU to say good bye. We tell some of our experiences during our time in Udon Thani. The President gives a souvenir from UDRU for each of us. Then we take a photo together.

From UDRU, we go to the school again for a small farewell party in English Department room. The teachers make a buffet party for us. It’s just like what I had the other night. But since my friends are Muslim, they cook it with fish instead of meat. They add vegetables like cabbage, basil, and kale. They also make fried rice for us. I don’t really remember the taste since everything is so delicious.

Today is pretty special because I get some good bye cards from the students. Ms. Aom tells them to write about me. But one thing that make me surprise is most of the students can’t even spell my name correctly so Ms. Aom has to spell it for them a hundred times. Hahahaha. It’s hilarious.

In the evening, we have a farewell dinner with the lecturers in UDRU. For this special occasion, we all wear our traditional dress from Indonesia. Most of us, including me, wear ‘kebaya’ dress. ‘Kebaya’ is a traditional dress from Indonesia that is known famously as Indonesia national dress. Most of the Indonesian women wear this dress for a formal occasion and as a wedding dress. ‘Kebaya’ commonly made from ‘batik’, special fabric from Indonesia. Just like ‘kebaya’ that I wear. The skirt made from ‘batik’. And brown is the most common color for ‘batik’. But for some people who don’t really like brown, there are many other colors that we can choose. For example, if you like modern batik, you can choose the red one, green, or even bright yellow batik.

No comments:

Post a Comment